Mary Sky is a haven for Contemporary art in rural New England. We organize and showcase artists working across creative platforms and in the intersection of digital and fine art.
We believe there is often a perceived yet false division between digital and fine art. We believe that many fine artists use digital tools and that many digital artists produce work of high technical quality and intrinsic social worth. Clearly, there is overlap. Our mission is to connect with these artists, support them, and bring their work to the public.
• Participate in and host exhibitions on our campus in Vermont, in New York City, and around the world.
• Foster artists looking to bring a productive mindset to meaningful work in accordance with our mission through the Mary Sky Residency Program.
• Prioritize intuition in establishing curatorial perspective, and working with collectors, artists and other galleries.
• Maintain a reputation for high standards in Contemporary work.
• Gain exposure for artists who recognize and embrace conceptual and modal shifts.
Executive Director Macrina Newhouse is a filmmaker and curator. Mary Sky continues her quest to support and propagate the work of prolific artists who share her sense of purpose.